[WikiEN-l] Re: [Wikipedia-l] Schools on en: (was DoImisunderstandWikipedia

David Gerard fun at thingy.apana.org.au
Thu May 19 17:56:08 UTC 2005

JAY JG (jayjg at hotmail.com) [050520 03:47]:

> 2) School inclusionists are now organized, and have set up a "Schoolwatch"
> page to ensure that all schools are kept.  These people vote to keep every
> single school, usually with cut and paste comments.

I only use cut-and-paste comments myself in response to cut-and-paste
nominations.

>  Thus a group of a
> dozen or so inclusionists can easily force Wikipedia to keep every single
> school article, no matter how silly, uninformative, trivial or unverifiable
> they are.

I look at every article I vote on first. Are you saying I, or these
hypothetical conspirators, in fact don't?

>  And, in fact, that's exactly what they do.  However, whether
> these dozen people represent the consensus of Wikipedia is another question.

Indeed, but that applies to the people flooding VFD with school articles,
and indeed to *any* so-called "consensus" formed only of VFD habitues, so
you're not actually saying something very specific.

- d.