[WikiEN-l] More on mole molars

dpbsmith at verizon.net dpbsmith at verizon.net
Tue May 17 22:31:39 UTC 2005

> Speaking of explosives, should we talk of chemical measures in terms of
> moles (units consisting of a certain number of molecules, the number of
> which has slipped my mind at this moment)?

You're thinking of Avocado's Number, named after the famous lawyer.

Two avocados is a yotta molecules (if you interpret "yotta" in the
"binary prefix" sense of 2^80 rather than 10^24).

A mole is a small burrowing animal in the family Talpidae, and their
dentition does include molars.

Daniel P. B. Smith, dpbsmith at verizon.net
"Elinor Goulding Smith's Great Big Messy Book" is now back in print!
Sample chapter at http://world.std.com/~dpbsmith/messy.html
Buy it at http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1403314063/