[WikiEN-l] April Fool's Day Lame-O-Rama

Bishonen bishlist at ungoodthinkful.com
Thu Mar 31 22:56:27 UTC 2005

Snowspinner wrote on 2005/03/31 22:35:

> On Mar 31, 2005, at 12:02 PM, Bishonen wrote:
> >

> > Please don't, for that purpose, move it, copy it, link to it, or use
> > it.
> >

> I'm not sure what to point out - no article ownership or the GFDL.
>
> -Snowspinner

I see what you mean, Snowspinner, I apologize for my poor list skills. I
understand that I ought to have repeated passages from the messages  I
posted earlier today, that addressed these concerns before you voiced them
(IMO). I was assuming people would have read and would remember what I'd
said, but having followed the traffic for a day, I see that that wasn't
very realistic. Sorry, I'm new to mailinglists, I only just joined this
one, and I'm a bit out of my depth. Here's what I'd said about ownership
and the GFDL in the earlier messages, before making that plea for people to
leave ETPH in my userspace:

I.
>I will only actually do it [[protest against using ETPH for the special
April Fool's page]]
> if the other contributors want me to. [[Turns out they do.]]

II.
> [I'm] trying to learn if I have
> any jurisdiction (morally, and by courtesy--I know I haven't legally)
over
> a page in my userspace, namely the ETPH article.

[Mav helpfully replied that "morally it would be very rude for somebody to
use the text in
a way you didn't want since it is clearly marked as being in your
userspace."]

Hope that helps, and thank you Tom Haws for assuming good faith. I'm
female, btw.

Bishonen