[WikiEN-l] 4/1 FA: Nintendo Entertainment System :(

Viajero viajero at quilombo.nl
Thu Mar 31 10:59:55 UTC 2005

So now his eminent worthiness Mark a.k.a. Raul has decreed that
[[Nintendo Entertainment System]] will be the Featured Article tomorrow,
despite the overwhelming support for UTPH at
[[Wikipedia_talk:Featured_article_candidates#European_toilet_paper_holder]].
  It seems to me a spectacularly lame and unimaginative choice. If
running a genuinely ersatz text was too daring, at least we could have
run an oddball article that looked like a hoax, but I guess even that
was too much for the timid souls at the steering wheel.

I am disappointed by the process by which this decision was reached and
  I especially disappointed by the outcome, but I guess it reflects the
fact that Wikipedia EN is overpopulated by geeky teenagers who probably
prefer Red Bull to red wine and Game Boys to sex.

Signed,
Just Another Dinosaur