[WikiEN-l] April Fool's Day Lame-O-Rama

Bishonen bishlist at ungoodthinkful.com
Thu Mar 31 09:00:13 UTC 2005

I sent the message below to the list yesterday, trying to learn if I have
any jurisdiction (morally, and by courtesy--I know I haven't legally) over
a page in my userspace, namely the ETPH article that has been discussed
such a lot on this this list. After all, it's name isn't "European toilet
paper holder", it's "User:Bishonen/European toilet paper holder".

I'm disappointed that none of the experienced wikipedians reading this list
has addressed my question, but I suppose it was a difficult one. Anybody?
See, if the community goes with Jimbo's 1 April Lame-O-Rama" suggestion, I
really would like to be able to stop ETPH from being used  for it. Input so
far on "User talk:Bishonen/European toilet paper holder" shows that other
contributors feel the same way.

So, again: anybody? Can/will my userpage be from my userspace untimely
ripp'd and used in a way I protest against? Or not? What do you think?
Should I hurry up and try to get it speedied?

Bishonen

Daniel Mayer wrote on 2005/03/30 23:21:

> --- "Jimmy (Jimbo) Wales" <jwales at wikia.com> wrote:
> > Just for fun, why don't we have a game on Friday to create an
> > alternative main page, linked from the main page?  "Click here to see
> > our April Fool's Page."
>
> I think that is a great idea. :)
>
> -- mav

> I think it's a really lame idea. :-( I just joined the mailing list, I
hope I'm doing this right. May I ask a question? > Do I get any say in
whether or not [[User:Bishonen/European toilet paper holder]] is moved out
of my