[WikiEN-l] Friday's featured article

Bryan Derksen bryan.derksen at shaw.ca
Thu Mar 31 03:23:09 UTC 2005

Deathphoenix wrote:

> Or perhaps [[exploding whale]]. There are plenty of articles we could
> use. The problem is, with an article like that posted on April Fool's,
> we run the risk of people actually believing that the article is a
> fake, when in fact, it's not.

Yeah, the "did you know" section taken entirely from
[[Wikipedia:Unusual_articles]] is a good idea along these lines
(exploding whale was already a featured article in November 7, 2004 so
we'd want to pick a new one anyway). People believing they're fake could
almost be a sort of meta-hoax, even. Wonder if we could add a poll for
new readers at the end of each - "do you believe this article?" - to
gage our street cred. :)