[WikiEN-l] Re: Friday's featured article

Stan Shebs shebs at apple.com
Thu Mar 31 00:14:22 UTC 2005

Violet/Riga wrote:

>May I remind people that the hoax must be done before midday otherwise
>"you become the fool".  That might lessen the impact of the hoax.

On the net, April Fools effectively lasts about 48 hours, since
companies and other organization often time their joke press
releases to be sent out at specific local times.

The net-savvy stay on their toes for an additional couple days too,
because of propagation delays in some channels (such as mail digests).

Stan (who remembers being suspicious that a national figure like
Chernenko had even heard of Usenet, let alone sent it a note...)