[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia == Fox News (was: Friday's featured article)

Snowspinner Snowspinner at mail.wikimedia.org
Wed Mar 30 19:48:54 UTC 2005

I meant the suggestion in terms of reputability. I don't think we're
seen as having a neo-conservative agenda. But I think we're about as
trusted by a lot of people. In fact, I know we are. Five minutes ago,
sitting in my office, I heard another TA tell a student not to use
Wikipedia as a source because "anyone can edit it" so it must not be
reliable. She looked to me for affirmation, and I said that, actually,
it's very reliable and that false information gets removed quickly. She
wasn't convinced, and told the student not to use it anyway.

We can't afford to knowingly post false information. Too many people
think we do it already.

-Snowspinner