April Fool contest idea (was Re: [WikiEN-l] Friday's featuredarticle)

Charles Matthews charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Wed Mar 30 18:19:35 UTC 2005

Stan Shebs wrote

> Now to be serious about April Fools.

To do that, I suggest a [[Saturnalia]].  Just for a day we give admin powers
to 400 anons.  Real sysops can't use them.  Inclusionists will be forced to
vote to delete important pieces of fancruft.  We all treat Jimbo like a
newbie, the rest of us are God-Kings and God-Queens for a day.  No one is
allowed to edit their own User page.  The Village Pump will flow with wine.
All pages based on Larry's Text will be reverted to the originals ...

Need I go on?  The AF suggestions so far have been quite modest.

Charles