[WikiEN-l] Friday's featured article

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 30 15:18:28 UTC 2005

--- Seth Ilys <seth.ilys at gmail.com> wrote:
> There are several examples of this in [[nihilartikel]].

I didn’t see any examples of respected encyclopedias doing this. I did notice
this:

“It is not always simple to recognize a Nihilartikel. It is especially
difficult when the same fictitious entry is reprinted and adapted by multiple
reference works. In such cases, the multiple sources serve to bolster the
entry's authenticity, so that many come to believe that they are reading a
factual article.”

This is certainly not something we should be encouraging.

-- mav