[WikiEN-l] Re: Friday's featured article

Pete/Pcb21 pete_pcb21_wpmail at pcbartlett.com
Tue Mar 29 18:35:30 UTC 2005

Daniel Mayer wrote:

> --- Viajero <viajero at quilombo.nl> wrote:
>
>>Although I realize this isn't the proper channel for doing so, I'd like
>>to nominate the following for Featured Article this coming Friday:
>>
>>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Bishonen/European_toilet_paper_holder
>

> That is not a featured article. In fact it is not even an article - it is a
> hoax. It will be removed as would any other sneaky vandalism masquerading as
> valid content.

We have a plurality of interested parties (including many long-standing
users who care deeply about the project) saying that that sort of hoax
is appropriate for Friday, but Raul and Mav very belligrently (vis
"veto" , "sneaky vandalism") opposing.

At the moment it looks like Raul's and Mav's concerns have been
addressed on the FAC talk page but they do not accept the response. We
would do well to sort this out one way or the other before Friday...
what if someone on the other side decides to get as threatening as mav
and Raul and get into a revert war on the issue... now that ''would'' be
lame.

Pete