[WikiEN-l] Your assistance is requested

csherlock at ljh.com.au csherlock at ljh.com.au
Tue Mar 29 09:04:26 UTC 2005

Just a brief call for help on maintaining [[WP:Press]]. It's very easy.
Here's the procedure:

1. Go to http://news.google.com
2. Search for Wikipedia
3. Setup an alert for new articles on Wikipedia via email
4. When an Google alerts you, put it onto the [[Wikipedia:Wikipedia as a
press source]] page (next year, can someone change the redirection to
[[Wikipedia:Wikipedia as a press source 2006]]?) - please link to the
article in question! If it is an article that references information in
a Wikipedia article, or to [[Wikipedia:Press coverage]] if it is an
article ABOUT Wikipedia. There are some other categories, but I'm sure
everyone gets the jist.
5. If the article is due to us being a press source, go to the article
talk page and:

a. if an author is provided, use [[Template:authoronlinesource2005]]. An
example is:
{{{{authoronlinesource2005|section=March 21-31
| author=Dan Ackman
| date=March 21, 2005
| title=John DeLorean, Car Man Of The Future
| org=Forbes

url=http://www.forbes.com/business/manufacturing/2005/03/21/cx_da_0321topnews.html}}
(this is on [[John DeLorean]]).

b. if no author is provided, use [[Template:onlinesource2005]]. An
example is:

{{onlinesource2005|section=February 1-10
|title=Veritas Lux Mea.
|org=The Feature
|date=February 9, 2005
|url=http://www.thefeature.com/user/fadereu/journalentry?id=1335&ref=-1}}

(this is on [[Mass media]]).

Simple!

Oh, the reason I ask is 'cause I just noticed that noone has updated it
for a while (the anon is me - I couldn't help myself), and I figured
this would be as good a place as any to ask for someone to take this
over from myself.

TBSDY