[WikiEN-l] Re: Putting Wikipedia on a CD or DVD

Philip Newton Philip.Newton at gmx.net
Sat Mar 26 09:32:36 UTC 2005

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 10:13:30 -0500, "Poor, Edmund W"
<Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com> wrote:

> Magnus Manske schrieb:
>
> > I would like to remind everyone that the German Wikipedia has
> > just been published on a combined CD-DVD-set, at a price of
> > about 10 Euros.
>
> Where can I order a copy? I don't know German, but some of my colleagues
> probably do.

It appears that you cannot currently order a copy -- the Autumn 2004 CD
edition ( http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wikipedia-CD ) is sold
out (though individual bookshops may still have copies, and you can
[http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wikipedia-CD/Download download]
and ISO image and/or a DBZ file for the reader that was used), and the
Spring 2005 DVD/CD edition (
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wikipedia-Distribution ) is
scheduled for release on 31 March, in about a week's time. So you may
want to wait until then.

Cheers,
Philip