[WikiEN-l] Re: Putting Wikipedia on a CD or DVD

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 25 18:00:53 UTC 2005

Christopher Mahan a écrit:
> --- Anthere <anthere9 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>On the other hand, if other organisations are the
>>legal
>>editors, how can we somehow get a benefit over the content
>>distributed ?
>>Or should we get a benefit ?
>

> Our benefit is that the information will be made available to people
> who do not have it today. That is a great benefit, and probably the
> most important reason for the Wikipedia's existence.
>

> Chris Mahan

Nod.

Now, right now, MOST of the propositions we hear about are from
commercial organisations, who want to make *cash* on the CD rom. Right ?

Nothing wrong with this...

But that means readers must pay for the cd rom...

Are those who need more information... those who can pay for the cd rom ?
Or those who can not ?

ant