[WikiEN-l] User:Neutrality NPOV/Abuse of Administrator Power

Tom Haws hawstom at sprintmail.com
Fri Mar 25 14:36:01 UTC 2005

The Cunctator wrote:

>More fundamentally, it's because people are aware that in the long run, the
>real disasters and failures of society have come when the people in power
>fail to be kept in check.

And being de-sysop'd is not the "end of the world" unless we personally
see our adminship as a status symbol.  Really, what would be the
practical implications of my losing my admin privileges?  There are
hundreds of other sysops.  If granting adminship "shouldn't be a big
deal", why is revoking it such a big deal?  It is a mere slap on the
wrist, nothing more.  I can still edit, mediate, and serve on most any
committee.

Tom Haws