[WikiEN-l] Re: Putting Wikipedia on a CD or DVD

Chuck MATTSEN mattsen at arvig.net
Thu Mar 24 06:20:17 UTC 2005

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 06:38:40 +0100
Anthere <anthere9 at yahoo.com> typed:

> ...We are in relationship with a firm called MandrakeSoft to do such
> a distribution. They distribute a version of Linux and wanted to add
> Wikipedia to their distribution last christmas. It was reported.
> There was recently another meeting, where they mentionned they would
> prefer an individual release (rather than a common release with other
> software). I am not sure a deal will be possible though.

Mandrake's currently embarking on a new release schedule for their
products, along with a new versioning scheme, to a degree in response
to their recent acquisition of Connectiva Linux.  That may be part of
the reason for any perceived change of focus on their part; indeed,
such decision making may still be in somewhat of a state of flux.

See http://www.mandrakesoft.com/company/press/pr?n=/pr/products/2546

--
Chuck MATTSEN / mattsen at arvig dot net / Mahnomen, MN, USA
Mandrakelinux release 10.2 (Cooker) for i586 kernel 2.6.10-3.mm.5mdk

Random Thought/Quote for this Message:
     "Liberty is the prevention of control by others."
		-Lord John Acton