[WikiEN-l] Putting Wikipedia on a CD or DVD

Tom Haws hawstom at sprintmail.com
Wed Mar 23 22:21:04 UTC 2005

David Gerard wrote:

> The English current text ....

Hang on.  Let me make sure I understand this.  We are not ready for 1.0
right now, but we are talking about starting making early distributions
so we can get the mechanics down right?  So now we are saying, Toward
0.1?  There's not much downside to that, anyone who mocks a version 0.1
distribution for vandalism won't get much sympathy.  But will there be
any real demand for a 0.1 version from the people we are hoping to
serve, and does it serve our reputation to foist early versions on
unsuspecting customers?