[WikiEN-l] Preloaded new article forms to help the newbies?

Matt R matt_crypto at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Mar 22 12:10:17 UTC 2005

--- Zoney <zoney.ie at gmail.com> wrote:
> Also, I would consider it optimistic at best to expect references for
> the more humdrum stub articles. I'm not discouraging the practice of
> encouraging references - but for stubs - which mostly just relate
> basic information, contributors shouldn't be beaten with the "provide
> references" mantra.
>
> Even beyond stubs, to shorter/average size articles, this may be the case.

Perhaps, but for stubs, providing "References", "External links" or "Further
reading" brings a practical benefit that doesn't apply quite the same way for
more mature articles: namely, recording the location of useful material can be
very helpful to subsequent editors looking to expand the article.

-- Matt