[WikiEN-l] Test case: policing content

David Gerard fun at thingy.apana.org.au
Mon Mar 21 01:56:52 UTC 2005

actionforum at comcast.net wrote:

>>I've been spreading {{unreferenced}} tags with great (slightly
>>restrained, after the TFD nomination ;-) glee, and I see others
>>have taken to it too.

> What are your standards for applying an "unreferenced" tag?

To articles that have *no references whatsoever* and no external
links and aren't stubs. i.e. not "your references are crap" but
literally, "this article has no references at all."

Now then, the question I asked before. You wrote:

 > Nah, the kooky view is too easy.  A better case would be a passage in a
scientific article written by one of our inhouse experts that correctly
states the basic concept of a scientific field, but in a way that hasn't
been "published" because it is trivial grad student exercise the derive it,
and all published work is at the bleeding edge of the field.  Imagine
his/her frustration at being asked for a citation for something that is
obvious, and not being able to provide one, even though he can explain it so
well that even the arbitrators understand it.

 > Sorry, no original research,  no insightful explanations and yes, a big
hole in making the subject more accessible.

I asked: Do you have real-life examples of this happening?

- d.