[WikiEN-l] Test case: policing content

Charles Matthews charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Sun Mar 20 19:14:26 UTC 2005

David Gerard wrote

> I remain utterly unconvinced of this alleged impossibility of reference.

OTOH - I thought I had a good argument by analogy with knowledge
engineering.  There it is common ground that so-called expert systems, that
can justify arguments step-by-step from rules, do _not_ imitate real
experts, but plodders without a real feel or mastery for a topic.  That is,
if you have a real expert, you distort the expertise by doing that to it.

Then I discovered that [[expert system]] is a POV piece of selling ...

Charles