[WikiEN-l] Test case: policing content

actionforum at comcast.net actionforum at comcast.net
Sun Mar 20 15:36:08 UTC 2005

> actionforum at comcast.net stated for the record:
>
> > ... all published work is at the bleeding edge of the field.
> >
> > -- Silverback
>
> I suspect that our salvation lies in that phrase. I doubt that the grad
> student exercise that you are suggesting would be hard to include can't
> be found somewhere in print -- in physics, frex, we have the Feynmann
> Lecture Series.

Yes, the Fynmann series is a prized possession and I highly recommended them.

That said, I think I have an example in  Fred's "kooky source" vein, Christiaan, in the [[Depleted uranium]] article has a source that claims outlandish disability figures from the first Gulf war, that I can't confirm from any official source, are unrelated to depleted uranium, and depart substantially and incredibly from the official disability figures from one year earlier.

I haven't succeeded in deleting this information, so I just contrapose the official figures with it.  It would be such a minor thing to bring an arb case on.  Much of wikipedia, is forced to contrapose to achieve NPOV or even mere correctness.

                                       -- Silverback