[WikiEN-l] [Ticket#: 115103-FW] Just wondering

Richard Holton richholton at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 15:28:35 UTC 2005

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 08:57:06 -0500, Sj <2.718281828 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I hope you're right about this.  However, when I mentioned the
> complaint on the uploader (Denelson83)'s talk page, I received a most
> unpleasant and uninformative response.  It would seem to be easy for
> the uploader to help resolve the issue, rather than ranting about
> it...

Denelson83's expressed attitude on his/her talk page seems to be in
direct contradiction to the Wikipedia policy on
[[Wikipedia:Civility]]. His/her talk page says, in part:

"any time I am sent a message with regard to bad edits, copyright
violations, or any other alleged negative contributions, it is
involuntarily interpreted as either an assault on my intelligence, an
action I take extremely personally, or a pure threat..."

Taken at face value, this leads me to believe that Denelson83 has
issues that preclude civil participation on a collaborative project
such as Wikipedia.

Also, Denelson83 is not the first user I've come across who insists on
maintaining a blank user page. It seems that one likely motive for
this is the desire for their user name to "stand out" in various
listings. Another possibility is the desire to discourage the use of
their talk page. Either way, I think this is a practice that we should
actively discourage, with changes to the software if necessary.

-- Rich Holton
en.wikipedia:User:Rholton