[WikiEN-l] The Blair witch-hunting project

Arno M redgum46 at lycos.com
Sun Mar 20 06:37:26 UTC 2005

"I have found this dispute to be deeply unpleasant and stressful, and I
really do not wish to find myself in this kind of situation again. I am
therefore withdrawing from Wikipedia. I will still read articles, and
fix typos when I find them, but I will no longer be working seriously on
any more Wikipedia articles."

Having been through this kind of crap myself (c/o net-you-know-who) I know how he feels.

This whole affair has been yet another bit of public muckraking sand brawling that has resulted in a longterm contributor leaving (how long has jdwolff been here?) I haven't followed this saga closely, but this certainly stands out as another example of why this kind of dispute needs to be contained and resolved immediately, especially if real names are involved.