[WikiEN-l] Wikimedia Collaboration of the Week

Erik Moeller erik_moeller at gmx.de
Sat Mar 19 00:08:28 UTC 2005

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_COTW is a proposal for a weekly
cross-project collaboration similar in process to the English Wikipedia
Collaboration of the Week (COTW). To trial this idea, I suggest adding a
WM-COTW box to the English Wikipedia Community Portal.

Plase comment on this proposal at:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:Community_Portal (bottom)

If this leads to people actually working and voting on the COTW, I will
then proceed to propagate the idea to other projects (though hopefully
some people will read this list and suggest it on their own on their
local Wikimedia project). Ideally, the current WM-COTW would be
prominently featured on all the sites, and lead to lots of activity on
important tasks such as documentation and promotional materials, as well
as an increased group identity, raised awareness of Wikimedia and Meta,
and more exposure for our smaller projects.

All best,

Erik