[WikiEN-l] 500k press release

Charles Matthews charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Thu Mar 17 16:29:17 UTC 2005

Sj wrote

> I've put up a draft press release to celebrate the English WP's
> 500,000th article here:
>  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Press_releases/March_2005

> It is not quite like our previous press releases; see what you think,
> edit and improve on it.

The current version looks pretty good to me - not a great deal I could see
to add, and it seems tightly and professionally written (I've done a few
press releases that have got into national newspapers).

Just one aspect, and perhaps not so newsworthy.  There is not much emphasis
given to the scholarly side.

It could say a little more about WP's stature as a reference site.

Charles