[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia hits the big time

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Wed Mar 16 22:18:09 UTC 2005

IIFWP is an NGO in Special Consultative Status with
the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations

The put on conferences, like the following on "Universal Values and
Lasting Peace: Toward a New Model of Global Governance"

http://www.iifwp.org/programs/conferences/summit/5WS2005/index.php?repor
t_id=449&event_id=139

You can find some of their peace initiatives here:

http://www.iifwp.org/programs/peace/

And if I must spell it out, the foundation is part of the Unification
Movement, founded by the Rev. Sun Myung Moon (the well-known founder of
the Unification Church). What other foundation would be likely to
approach me to help them publish an encyclopedia? The only communities
I'm involved in are (a) the Unificationists (27 years) and (2) the
Wikipedians (3.5 years). Is that enough of a clue?

Ed Poor