[WikiEN-l] I've added a note to the 3RR policy page

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Wed Mar 16 17:56:03 UTC 2005

MacGyverMagic/Mgm wrote:

>>*If you didn't, you should email the admin who blocked you (or another
>>admin), politely point this out and ask to be unblocked.
>>*If you did, you should either wait the 24 hours to calm down, or email the
>>admin who blocked you (or another admin), acknowledge your error and
>>apologise and ask to be unblocked.
>>

>Nicely said. Couldn't have said it better myself. Why do so much
>people immediately ask for removal of sysop status? Sysops are only
>human. Just asking nicely will have a much better result.

That works two ways.  Should it not have been the responsibility of the
person doing the blocking to discuss it nicely first?  After all, the
sysop presumably has more experience here than the person that he is
blocking.

It is only natural for people who feel they have been attacked to react
with anger, and to feel victimized.

Ec