I have unblocked Blair P. Houghton. Re: [WikiEN-l] Unreasonableblock of user

Tom Haws hawstom at sprintmail.com
Wed Mar 16 17:42:26 UTC 2005

Blair P. Houghton wrote:

> Tell that to the guy who reverted me, hollering "consensus!" from the
> back of his mule, then having me jailed for arguing the point, then
> including everything I added (but retaining a bit of stuff that is
> soon to be gone anyway).

Blair, I will say it directly.  You are in the wrong in this case.
Please note the following steps:

1.  Find a page that you think needs "improvement".
2.  Ignore the talk page and *boldly* fix the page.
3.  When you are reverted, bite your tongue, go to the talk page and
say, "Huh?".
4.  Spend the next 4 months discussing your POV and building consensus
toward a better solution.

You failed the above at step 3.  I recommend you come to an admin with
hat in hand, promise not to revert again, and go to work building a new,
better consensus.  That's the way it works.

Tom