[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia hits the big time

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 16 17:07:04 UTC 2005

--- "Poor, Edmund W" <Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com> wrote:
> Better yet, if a Wikipedian makes a SIGNIFICANT
> IMPROVEMENT to a foundation-tagged article version,
> I'd think the foundation would be OVERJOYED to
> endorse it. (I'm planning to educate them about
> using the History and Diff functions.)

Such ‘tagging’ should be part of a proper meta-data system that associates with
particular article versions and *not* done through the category system or
through the use of templates. Thus the metadata would need to be separate from
the article. I think Magnus’ reader-created rating system works that way.

-- mav