[WikiEN-l] Culture glut? On the contrary

Delirium delirium at hackish.org
Fri Mar 11 18:56:35 UTC 2005

The Cunctator wrote:

>The answer is to separate distinct concepts into different pages. There's no
>reason there shouldn't be [[Nuclear weapons in Star Wars]] (except that it's
>not clear that there really are any--the Death Star, for example, seems to
>use some kind of collimated maser? You know, the kind that makes a zapping
>sound in DEEP SPACE. Ack.).

This seems like the right answer to me.

My personal pet peeve is that nearly every short-lived country or
obscure semi-sovereign-at-one-time region has a section on their stamps
that is larger than the section on the area itself.  And of course, this
information is interesting if you're a philatelist, and shouldn't be
deleted---but should be somewhere like [[Stamps of Blah]], rather than
making up 80% of the [[Blah]] article.

But I think this is really a somewhat minor organization issue, not a
huge problem with our focus and content.

-Mark