[WikiEN-l] What's in a (country's) name?

Charles Matthews charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Fri Mar 11 09:10:07 UTC 2005

Ed Poor wrote

>So we really need to use this example in an article about how the
liberal media goes out of its way to discredit "the right" while NEVER
conceding any error of its own and even DELIBERATELY deceiving the
public.

We need to do no such thing.

If this article is written from a NPOV, the facts of the case can be
clarified.  Elephantine generalisations like 'liberal media' need not
appear.  Readers, if provided with facts, can draw conclusions about whether
this is about more than professional loudmouth columnist meets ill-prepared
interviewer (whatever - on a scale of 1 to 10 this is about at -6 for most
people's threshold of interest, I suppose).

Ed, your agenda is showing.

Charles