Re [WikiEN-l] Abuse of blocking powers (The Recycling Troll)

Fastfission fastfission at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 01:38:50 UTC 2005

What's beautiful here is the motivation assigned. That's right,
Wikipedia is just here to "lure people in with a pack of lies" just so
they can be banned! That sounds like a reasonable endeavor, worth the
time of the four hundred administrators and many thousands of
registered editors.

But wait! Who are these hundreds of editors? How did they get to be in
the position of banning? Were they not too lured in by the pack of
lies and banned? How does one change from the banned to the banners?
How is such a decision made?

More importantly: When can I get banned, or ban someone? I'm not in
either category and feeling somewhat unsure of my identity. Do I
create the pack of lies or am I a dupe of them? If someone could let
me know either way, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

FF