[WikiEN-l] Abusive editors

steven l. rubenstein rubenste at ohiou.edu
Wed Mar 9 19:14:45 UTC 2005

Tom Haws wrote:

>More often than not, a root of the problem is the POV-pusher (and often
>the valiant defender) has not read [[WP:NPOV]] at all, or maybe has only
>read it quickly once.

Tom, you are missing the point (mine and JAYJG's)  This case has nothing to
do with the NPOV policy.  The issue here (such as it is, it is a
hypothetical reenactment) is that I did research and was providing a date
held by many historians, and CheeseDreams had done no research.  In this
hypothetical case, CheeseDreams' claim that Jesus was born 100 BCE is not a
legitimate view to which NPOV can apply -- because it is solely her view,
and not held by anyone else.  My claim is not that Jesus was born 4BCE
(because my view of when Jesus was born is as irrelevant as
CheeseDreams).  My claim is that several historians claim that Jesus was
born 4 BCE and I am providing verifiable sources.

Steve

Steven L. Rubenstein
Associate Professor
Department of Sociology and Anthropology
Bentley Annex
Ohio University
Athens, Ohio 45701