[WikiEN-l] Abusive editors

Tom Haws hawstom at sprintmail.com
Wed Mar 9 17:57:13 UTC 2005

> Charles Matthews wrote:
>
>> Indeed.  Why dice with death and take the moral low ground in revert
>> wars,
>> when there is the more satisfying approach of the uber-troll: get
>> yourself
>> personally-attacked on the Talk page, and get your opponent (if briefly)
>> thrown off the wiki?

Charles, as humor this is fine.  But the serious sentiment behind it
troubles me.  Our unambiguous position at Wikipedia is that personal
violence against trolls is unacceptable.  If editors choose to see this
as an unfair advantage for the trolls, that is their choice.  If they
choose to let it spur them toward greater creativity and diplomacy, that
is a better choice.

Tom Haws