[WikiEN-l] Abusive editors

Tom Haws hawstom at sprintmail.com
Wed Mar 9 17:03:40 UTC 2005

steven l. rubenstein wrote:

> I believe that both positions I have hypothesized are extreme.  I hope
> members of the list-serve can present alternatives, and discuss this
> case as a means for clarifying our ideas about policies and procedures.

Steve,

Your "First aproach: No personal attacks, period" is both extreme and
correct.  That in it's pure form must always be our policy.  Yesterday,
for example, I was guilty of saying at [[Talk:Human]], "It is clear that
the editors currently present are not interested in talking first and
shooting later."  My personal attack required an apology.

If Adam Carr had believed in the primacy of that rule, he would have
directed his frustration toward finding acceptable solutions instead of
taking the easy and ineffective way out of blowing his top at Peter in
Canberra (Skyring).  He needed to search deeper for solutions to the
Peter Problem.

Tom Haws