[WikiEN-l] Abusive editors

Matt R matt_crypto at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Mar 9 16:17:15 UTC 2005

--- David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:
> There is the fact that a specific vote on whether admins could block people
> for personal attacks failed to achieve consensus a few months ago (a real
> pity, in my opinion). As such, it's dicey ground.

(Do you know where I could find the page where this vote took place?)

I think something like a 24-hour block for clear outbursts of of personal abuse
would be a very sensible policy for Wikipedia to adopt. When users become
stressed out enough to lash out at others, it's probably as good for them as
for the project to take a time-out.

-- Matt

[[User:Matt Crypto]]