[WikiEN-l] Abusive editors

Matt R matt_crypto at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Mar 9 15:29:54 UTC 2005

--- "Poor, Edmund W" <Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com> wrote:
> I gave Adam Carr a 15-hour block (for abusive language).
> I had thought that any of the 415 admins, having the "ability" to block
> signed-in users, were "authorized" to use that ability to enforce the
> rules - such as: [[Wikipedia:No personal attacks]]
> If I'm wrong, then I hope the first thing the arbcom will do is unblock
> Adam Carr. In fact, if I'm OBVIOUSLY wrong, than I guess ANY ONE of the
> 415 admins will reverse the block.
> Hmm. This is interesting. Let's see what happens.

As far as I know, we don't have any policy to justify blocking over personal
attacks. I would suggest unblocking Adam Carr, even though his abusive remarks
in this instance are uncalled for and inconsistent with his reputation as a
fine editor. I guess everyone blows a fuse now and again.

Any chance of making [[Wikipedia:No personal attacks]] enforceable?

-- Matt