[WikiEN-l] Pulling even with NYT, breaking 100

Sj 2.718281828 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 08:28:43 UTC 2005

On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 22:24:59 -0800, Christopher Larberg
<christopherlarberg at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 01:02:27 -0500, Sj <2.718281828 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I'm sad to see that the Main Page has been frozen now for such a long time.
> > That was not meant to be permanent, and I hope we can unfreeze it again soon.
> >

> Are you referring to the English Wikipedia Main Page? If so, why would
> we unprotect that? So immature kids can put goatse on it?

I am at that.  Not so that kids can put goatse on it.  So that
non-admins can refresh the content of In the news, or improve on the
wikification of the featured article blurb, or update the list of
languages.

We should find ways to distract and ward off immature kids that do not
restrict everyone else -- and we will! -- but in the meantime we
should find a compromise that let us stop limiting main page updates
to a group of 400 users.

--
+sj+