[WikiEN-l] Abusive editors

Skyring skyring at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 07:51:41 UTC 2005

I've just copped the latest in a long line of personal attacks from
one particular editor who stands out for his attitude in a community
where tolerance and restraint is generally the norm. I don't think his
comments are justified, but even if they were, I would still take
exception to the language:

"Well I'm upset (really pissed off actually) by your deliberate
obfuscation and timewasting, your dishonesty, your malicious
misrepresentation of other people arguments, your rampant vanity and
egotism and your general obnoxious fuckwittedness, so get used to it."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Government_of_Australia#The_real_issue

To my mind this is no way to conduct any sort of productive debate,
and as a rather new editor I wonder just how much this sort of thing
is tolerated.

--
Peter in Canberra