[WikiEN-l] Abuse of blocking powers (The Recycling Troll)

Recycling Troll recyclingtroll at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 8 19:09:45 UTC 2005

> Let's say it how it is shall we? Collaborative
> editing? You were
> stalking Rick. You were trying o upset him, to
> provoke him even, and
> now you claim to be being abused? It's a 24 hour
> block not the end of
> the world. If you feel you want to "collaborate"
> with someone, feel
> free to stalk me.
>
> Theresa

Thanks for that Theresa, I'm sorry that you think that
checking someone's edits is 'stalking'. I can
certainly see why Rick would not want anyone examining
his behaviour too closely, but are you seriously
suggesting that oversight is inapropriate?
You want to say that anyone who looks too closely at
what another user is doing is 'stalking'?
Stalking is a real-world phenomena where someone is
followed in multiple ways. Checking someone's
contributions to an online encyclopedia is not
stalking. It is responsible checking.
Yours,
The Recycling Troll