[WikiEN-l] ArbCom - too attached to 'equal treatment'?

Fred Bauder fredbaud at ctelco.net
Mon Mar 7 23:15:52 UTC 2005

Mediators should explore what is likely to happen if the parties take the
matter to arbitration. Those possible negative consequences should serve to
motivate a settlement at the mediation level. This is another reason to
continue to look at possible infractions on both sides of any dispute. Once
we give someone carte blanche to let it all hang out if the other party is a
bad guy they will have absolutely no reason to settle at the mediation or
lower level.

Fred