[WikiEN-l] ArbCom - too attached to 'equal treatment'?

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 16:36:34 UTC 2005

slimvirgin at gmail.com wrote:

> I should add to this, however, that I'm grateful to the arbcom for the
> decisions they reached in the end, as they managed to stop his
> activities here completely.

Well, theoretically. There is an editor many are fairly sure is Herschel,
based on style, but who seems to be keeping well away from LaRouche
related activity, and who no-one's brought a formal complaint against
as yet. This is, I suppose, a combination of "infinite forgiveness"
(if User:Michael came back as a good editor, ANYONE can) and "if there's
no problem, there's no problem" (everyone has other things to concern
themselves with, e.g. writing an encyclopedia).

(I expect a sockpuppet check to fail to turn up any evidence, as Herschel
was clearly quite technically adept and was only caught as Weed Harper by
slipping up. But editing patterns are how socks are suspected anyway.)

In any AC case, there will be myriad accusations and counteraccusations
flying about, even if we put in a new rule that a case can only be
considered in terms of the initial accused, not the initial accuser.
That's why we like clear and detailed evidence pages so very much.

- d.