[WikiEN-l] Introducing upto11.net - seeking advice

David Sabel david at sabels.org
Mon Mar 7 13:00:43 UTC 2005

We just launched upto11.net, a music recommendations and search community that integrates articles about musical artists, albums and songs.

Currently we feature articles current as of late September 2004, but will be updating them and moving to a "real time" incremental process shortly. Next to each article is a link, back to an edit page at the Wikipedia, that encourages users to "add to or edit this article."  Over time we expect to bring new users to the Wikipedia which should increase the number and depth of articles about music.

So far, I've added us to the Friends of Wikipedia page

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friends_of_Wikipedia/Specialized_search_engines

and, I created a "project" page which further introduces our site

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Dsupto11

Are there othere pages where links might be appropriate? We'd like get the word out to the Wikipedia community, but do it in a way that is appropriate.

Thanks in advance,

David Sabel