[WikiEN-l] Re: Deletion of my images

Delirium delirium at hackish.org
Mon Mar 7 07:56:07 UTC 2005

Anthere wrote:

> So, why do we have to agree on this little text when we upload and why
> are we asked under which license we give our images since it does not
> matter ?

Well, a lot of people agreed to that text without reading it, and
uploaded images they don't own, so Wikipedia has a bunch of nonfree
images on it---which is the reason for the whole image-tagging project
in the first place.  But it's supposed to be standard to ask the
uploader about an image before deleting it, so that part wasn't done
correctly.

-Mark