[WikiEN-l] Re: Proposal on VFD: enforcement of nomination policy

Charles Matthews charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Sun Mar 6 12:20:04 UTC 2005

Pete/Pcb21 wrote

> [*] E.g. esoteric topics about individual characters in sub-plots of
> Lord of the Rings are kept, whereas as articles about million dollar
> turnover manufacturing busineses are deleted, reflecting the (painting
> with a broad brush) slant towards the "nerdy student/lefty" make-up of
> the Wikipedia population.

Wikipedia will reflect its editors' interests, no question.  I don't really
accept that analysis, though.  A million-dollar turnover manufacturing
business is still family-sized, actually.  What is more, a million dollars
in one bank account looks much like a million dollars in another.  It is the
price of a very ordinary house in London, for example.

Charles