[WikiEN-l] Re: Proposal on VFD: enforcement of nomination policy

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 00:42:12 UTC 2005

Rick wrote:

> But that's not what's being proposed here.  What's
> being proposed is, if anybody coming into the
> discussion thinks that the reason for the listing
> isn't acceptable, they can just delete it from the VfD
> page.  Why not just let it run its course, and vote
> Keep?  Because radical inclusionists are afraid they'd
> lose the vote.  ~~~~

No, I'm proposing it (not a strawman "radical inclusionist")
because there's a shitload of nominations that have had *no
listed rationale*. They're on the order of "I've never heard
of it so it's not notable" - measuring the content of
Wikipedia by their ignorance. They're nominations that, per
the policy *shouldn't be there at all*, and make VFD
unfeasibly long.

Also, VFD isn't actually "votes" - it's an attempt to establish
consensus.

Pretty obviously, anyone deleting a nomination in the bogus
manner you describe will be reverted in damn short order.
I expect you will likely be the one doing so.

- d.