[WikiEN-l] Re: Proposal on VFD: enforcement of nomination policy

Rick giantsrick13 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 5 23:28:02 UTC 2005

--- Matt Brown <morven at gmail.com> wrote:
> David Gerard wrote:
> > So is the so-called deletion policy purely
> decorative, and in fact
> > something that should itself be deleted to avoid
> confusion?
> >
> > 'Cos what I'm saying is to just enforce the policy
> that's already
> > there, and is referred to both at beginning and
> end of VFD as being
> > a thing to follow, in the hope of making VFD
> somewhat smaller so
> > that it may be more humanly manageable.
> >
> > I really don't see what's so hard about actually
> putting a reason bearing
> > a relationship to policy, particularly when VFD
> explicitly says to do so.
>
> To clarify, I was responding to Pete/Pcb21's
> suggestion that was,
> basically, "Why use VFD at all, we should just
> decide what should be
> speedy deleted and use that."
>
> I am much in favor of your suggestion that
> nominations at VfD that do
> not reference a reason listed in the deletion policy
> should be removed
> forthwith.
>
> -Matt (User:Morven)

But that's not what's being proposed here.  What's
being proposed is, if anybody coming into the
discussion thinks that the reason for the listing
isn't acceptable, they can just delete it from the VfD
page.  Why not just let it run its course, and vote
Keep?  Because radical inclusionists are afraid they'd
lose the vote.  ~~~~