[WikiEN-l] 3RR applied to both parties?

Christiaan Briggs christiaan at last-straw.net
Sat Mar 5 14:43:10 UTC 2005

Adam Carr was being abusive and clearly violated the 3RR rule. He is,
from my experience, one of the most abusive editors I have come across
on Wikipedia. Skyring was consistent in offering sources and logic for
his edits, and in refraining from retaliating to Adam's provocative
abuse.

It doesn't matter in the slightest that Adam purports not to like
seeing "people blocked for 3RR, even when he disagrees with them."
Apart from the fact that he was trying to cover his own ass this is not
the preference of the Wikipedia community.

Skyring was correct to report him and to imply that doing so was some
kind of backstab is to intimidate.

Christiaan