[WikiEN-l] Strange fetishes

Michael Becker wikimb at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 05:02:18 UTC 2005

On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 21:34:25 -0600, Richard Holton <richholton at gmail.com>
wrote:
 > But the community is essential to the encyclopedia.

Right this was my main point with that statement. This project would not
exist without the community period. To keep the community heathly, rules
have been impossed, such as the 3RR. Those who can not follow the
community rules, don't really belong here. Those who break wikiettique,
who offend others and scare off innocent contributors are often no
better than the trolls they claim they are fighting. IMO, it should not
matter one bit who they are in real life, or what qualifications they
say/think they have for writing an encyclopedia. These people who
blatently and repeatedly break our rules should NEVER be administrators.
It also is questionable weather they should be allowed to edit wikipedia
at all, or if we should ban them like the other trolls (which are often
banned for less).
--
Michael Becker