[WikiEN-l] 3RR and gaming the system

actionforum at comcast.net actionforum at comcast.net
Sat Mar 5 03:53:14 UTC 2005

> Strongly agree with Danny.
>
> I took a look at the Star Chamber ArbCom page and saw the latest effort
> against 172. Guess you never get tenure around here.

I disagree there is elitism here and 172 did have tenure, after all he had
recently been sanctioned by the arbcom, a couple years ago he had been
"temporarily" desysoped, and yet he retained his sysop powers to abuse
again.  Some people don't have the proper temperament or discipline to
be entrusted with sysop powers.  Perhaps if he had not been tempted by
power, he would still be here contributing.  There should be zero tolerance
for personal abuse of sysop powers (as opposed to mere mistakes of
fact or interpretation), instead of tenure.  I am pressing for such
a policy.
                             -- Silverback